02 November 2009

In to the woods...

Having photographed lots of beautiful beaches, sunrises and sunsets I decided it was time to turn my camera on a less romantic view of Bali, cock fighting. This seems to be a huge part of the Balineese culture and something I was keen to experience. 

So one afternoon I left Sarah (my travel buddy) drinking cocktails by the pool and I hopped on the back of a moped with a local man from Lovina (northern Bali).  So off we went out of the small town, in land for ten minutes or so then down a long dirt track to the woods until we came across the meeting point. Within this clearing there were about 50 or so mopeds, 80 or more Balineese men, a lot of cockerals, a few children, a couple of dogs and me!


It was certainly an interesting insight in to the gambling world of Bali and definitely an experience I wont forget in a hurry. The smell, the atmosphere, the colours, the people and the incredible warm evening light shining through the trees.




No comments:

Post a Comment